The city of York in Pennsylvania is known for being centrally located to many of the big tourist attractions in south central PA. York is approximately 30 minutes from Lancaster Amish Country, 30 Minutes from Harrisburg which is the capital city of the state and about 45 minutes away from the battlefields in Gettysburg.
If you are planning a weekend trip or summer vacation to York Pennsylvania, we have compiled a list of some fun things for you to see and do during your stay. All of these activities are convenient to any of the Hotels in York PA.
1. York is known as being one of the "Factory Tour" locations in the world! You can take factory tours while visiting the Harley Davidson Company, the Turkey Hill Company and several others that are conveniently located in the area.
2. If you love wine consider spending an afternoon exploring the Mason-Dixon Wine Trail which weaves through 15 locally owned Pennsylvania wineries. There are year-round events and activities and you can find a complete list of these events by visiting their web site.
|The Hershey Story Museum in Hershey PA|
4. Love baseball? If you visit the area during baseball season you can take in a game at Sovereign Bank Stadium to see the York Revolution play ball! Admission is affordable and it's an activity that the entire family can enjoy.
5. If you love the performing arts, you can spend an afternoon or evening enjoying one of the many shows held at The Pullo Center. This center hosts various performing art shows, music concerts, cultural events and many other community activites are hosted there.
6. For an educational experience, consider visiting the Agricultural and Industrial Museum in York, Pennsylvania. It's a great experience for young and old alike!
These suggestions on things you can see and do while visiting York Pennsylvania is just the tip of the iceberg! If visiting the area, we suggest spending 5 to 7 days so that you can fully take-in all of the activities that the area has to offer. Enjoy your trip!