Sunday, February 26, 2017
Here are 5 Beautiful American Cities with Casino's
1. Reno, Nevada – Proudly known as, “The Biggest Little City in the World,” Reno is home to a number of casinos that have a certain small town charm. Expect some of the friendliest casino service that you’ve ever seen, complete with smiles and complimentary breakfast. While it may not have the wild nightlife some gamblers enjoy, if you’re looking for some excellent gaming, look no further.
2. Atlantic City, New Jersey – Ever since 1977, Atlantic City has become the gambling haven of the east coast. It is filled with enough casinos and nightclubs to keep any gambler satisfied for days on end. With a legendary boardwalk and a unique Jersey vibe, Atlantic City has become one of the most famous gambling cities on the entire east coast. If you love white sandy beaches, this is one location you need to visit.
3. Las Vegas, Nevada – World renowned for featuring a unique night life and unrivaled hotels, Las Vegas has become the epitome of a gambling city. With hundreds of Las Vegas hotels to stay at, any type of budget can be accommodated. Each of the casinos, and their attached hotels, have unique themes that propel their own games, entertainment and dining. Some are really upscale while others have a casual vibe.
4. Phoenix, Arizona – Perhaps best known for its scorching hot summers, Phoenix is a surprisingly desirable gaming location. While gambling within the city itself is illegal, there are a number of Native American reservations that surround the city. These reservations feature super-fun casinos that host a variety of games and exciting entertainment packages to thrill you.
5. New Orleans, Louisiana – This legendary center of debauchery wouldn’t be complete without a variety of casinos to choose from. Whether you prefer the bayou or the busy streets, you’ll be right at home with some Blackjack or slot machine action. You'll find upscale accommodations and affordable ones for those of you who are on a tight budget and hoping to hit it big.
While we don't promote gambling as a way of life, it can be fun to get away for a weekend and let loose in one of the casinos. Personally though, I enjoy going to them more for the shows & entertainment while my husband does enjoy sitting down and playing the slots.
Friday, February 24, 2017
Last weekend we had mild weather here in central Pennsylvania and decided to head to ZooAmerica. Our temperatures topped out at 72 degrees (yes, in February), so it was a great day to spend some time at the wildlife park. Luckily for all of us, ZooAmerica is open year-round.
We really enjoyed spending 2 1/2 hours visiting ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park located in Hershey Pennsylvania. It's a small and cozy zoo and great for an afternoon outing with the family. If you're looking for big safari animals, you won't find those here! It's a small zoo and only features animal species that you'll find right here in North America.
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
PRESLEYS’ 50th ANNIVERSARY
The Presley Family opened Branson’s first music theater on June 30th, 1967. In 2017 they will celebrate their 50th Anniversary in their original location. This is a truly amazing accomplishment in the entertainment industry, especially to be in the same location. Two original members of the show, Gary & Steve Presley still perform nightly in the show. There are now fourth generation Presleys performing in the show. The family originally performed in caves in the Ozarks before building their theater on Highway 76.
ANDY WILLIAMS PERFORMING ARTS CENTER 25th ANNIVERSARY
Andy Williams Moon River Theatre opened its doors on May 1, 1992. Andy was the first non-country music performer to open a theatre in Branson. The theatre’s design reflects the beauty and environmental integrity of the surrounding Ozark Mountains. The 48,000-square-foot structure is set among 16 acres landscaped with rock formations, waterfalls and a stream. It is the only theatre ever to be featured in Architectural Digest. For the interior, it was Andy’s idea to create a beautiful auditorium for live performances along with a lobby area that had a museum-like atmosphere so that he could display pieces of art from his personal collection. Since his passing, Jimmy Osmond has taken over the theatre as a promise to his friend and mentor to keep the legacy alive. Andy Williams memorabilia is displayed throughout the theatre and a wide variety of entertainers grace the stage throughout the year, just as he envisioned.
TITANIC MUSEUM ATTRACTION
Titanic Museum Attraction, honoring James Cameron’s “TITANIC” in celebration of the iconic movie’s 20th anniversary, has a limited engagement new gallery to showcase many, never-before-seen elements from the movie – costumes, set pieces, props, signed scripts and more. March 12-June 13. Titanic Branson looks forward to “TITANIC” re-release in 2017 and to honoring its 20-year anniversary.
SHOWBOAT BRANSON BELLE
Showboat Branson Belle gears up for an even bigger 2017 aboard the 700-passenger paddle-wheeler. An all-new show “Country On The Lake” adds a different genre of music as the noon complement to the popular evening variety show “Celebrate.” Designed as a concert cruise – featuring multi-talented rising country stars performing #1 hits from yesterday’s classic rock to country favorites of today, backed by a live band – it includes tributes to country stars of the ’90s with songs by Garth Brooks and Faith Hill, plus many classic, memorable songs.
THE RUNAWAY MOUNTAIN COASTER
The Runaway Mountain Coaster is a thrill ride that uses the natural topography of the area to have an exciting user-controlled trip for an experience few will ever forget. Riders are seated in individual carts engineered to exacting safety standards. The carts are pulled to the top via a chain, similar to roller coasters. At the top of the mountain, carts are released to travel down the hill, winding in and out and around the hills for a fun and unique experience.
Fritz’s Adventure is a dynamic family attraction that brings the excitement and challenges of outdoor adventure into a multi-dimensional indoor environment. Experience three stories and 80,000 square feet where you can enjoy elements of the world around you that, anywhere else, would be prohibited or discouraged. All ages are encouraged to explore the family adventure together.
HISTORY OF FISHING MUSEUM
The History of Fishing Museum is the largest collection of antique fishing lures, rods, reels, boats and motors entirely collected by one man and his wife. It is valued at more than $4 million. The first lure was bought when Karl White was eight years old. The lure is still in the collection today – almost 70 years later!
CAF AIRPOWER HISTORY TOUR
The B-29/B-24 Squadron of the Commemorative Air Force will bring to Branson the aircraft, pilots and crews from over 70 CAF units across the United States to create the AirPower Squadron – an ever-changing assortment of military aircraft touring together to bring the sights, sounds and smells of World War II aviation history to audiences across the nation. The AirPower Squadron always includes at least one of the two rarest World War II bombers in the world – FIFI, the most famous, flying Boeing and B-29 Superfortress and Diamond Lil, an equally rare B-24 Liberator. Aircraft accompanying the B-29 or B-24 will include other World War II aircraft such as the P-51 Mustang, the B-17 Flying Fortress and the B-25 Mitchell, along with an assortment of fighters, trainers and liaison aircraft. September 14-17 at the Branson Airport (BKG).
About Branson, Missouri: Branson is a one-of-a-kind family vacation destination nestled in the lakeside beauty of the Ozark Mountains with dozens of live performance theaters, three pristine lakes, championship golf courses, an international award-winning theme park, family attractions and museums, a Historic Downtown district, shopping galore, a full range of dining options, and a host of hotels, motels, resorts, RV parks, campgrounds and meeting and convention facilities. Less than one day's drive for one-third of U.S. residents with flights to the Branson Airport (BKG) and nearby Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF) Call 1-877-BRANSON for help planning your next vacation, convention or reunion. See more at http://www.explorebranson.com.