When we visit State College we look for accommodations that are clean, close to where we want to be, affordable and offer the type of amenities that we are looking for. They also need to be family-friendly.
* Fairfield Inn & Suites State College - Minutes from Penn State University, Bryce Jordan Center, Beaver Stadium and the Pegula Ice Arena. Features spacious guest rooms, high-speed internet and complimentary breakfast buffet.
* Holiday Inn Express - Located just minutes from downtown State College offers recently updated guest rooms, free breakfast every morning and within walking distance of popular restaurants that are nearby.
* Days Inn Penn State - Located downtown in Penn State and within walking distance to many area attractions and restaurants. Nicely furnished rooms, indoor swimming pool, fitness center and high-speed internet.
* Rodeway Inn - Located one mile from downtown and within walking distance of the Penn State Campus. Nicely furnished rooms, high-speed internet and free continental breakfast for their guests.
* Sleep Inn - Minutes away from Penn State University, Bryce Jordan Center, Beaver Stadium and the Pegula Ice Arena. Nicely furnished guest rooms (small but very nicely furnished & clean), free parking and complimentary breakfast buffet every morning. This is one of our favorite places to stay.
* Country Inn & Suites - This is a newer hotel that is located a mile from downtown State College. Guests enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast buffet and beautifully furnished rooms and suites.
There are a lot of great lodging choices in and around the Penn State area but these 6 are the ones that we have personal experience with, so we recommend them to you.