However, there are some unusual things that you should also be packing that will definitely come in handy during your next vacation or business trip. Here is a list of some of the items you should be packing.
* Large Plastic Zipper Close Bags - great for wet bathing suits, dirty shoes, etc.
* Small Plastic Zipper Close Bags - great for storing leftover snacks, opened toiletry bottles, small souvenirs, etc.
* Garbage Bag - great for placing your dirty laundry in, transporting wet & muddy items and all kinds of other great uses!
* Travel Case - make extra copies of your travel documents, hotel reservations, driver's license, health insurance cards, car insurance & registration cards, etc. Pack it in luggage incase your car is broken into & those items are stolen.
* Coin Purse - load it up with coins for toll roads, parking meters, coin-operated laundry, beverage & snack machines, etc.
* Garment Care Bag - pack a zipper close bag with a stain remover stick (Tide-to-Go works great), travel size packs of laundry detergent and 2 dryer sheets. If even you don't use it, it's nice to have along in case you have any accidental spills on your clothing. In addition to those items, pack a spool of thread, sewing needle and a few safety pins in case you need to make any emergency clothing repairs.
* Portable Safe - if you are traveling by car and have the room, consider taking a small portable safe along with you. A lot of hotels are still in the dark-ages and not supplying in-room safes just yet.
* Emergency Phone Contact List - if your cell phone is lost or stolen while traveling, it's a good idea to have a list of all of your phone numbers and contact information written down on a piece of paper or in an address book that is packed in your luggage.
* Battery-Operated Flashlight - if there should be a power failure at the hotel or if your car breaks down, it is important to have a fully charged flashlight available should you need it. You can pack a full size one in your car or luggage and a mini one in your handbag if you are a female.
* Night Lights - packing a night light is always a wise decision. When you stay in strange places & have to get up during the night to use the restroom, you will be able to see where you are going. This is a must-have if traveling with children.
This travel tips article is exclusive to the Pennsylvania and Beyond Travel Blog, owned & edited by Shelly & Samuel Hill. All Rights Reserved and may not be reprinted without our written permission.
* This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we may or may not receive a small commission which helps to support this site. Thank you!