Here are several main attractions in San Francisco that you will want to check out when visiting the city.
* One of the main areas in San Francisco that visitors love is Fisherman's Wharf. The Pacific Ocean is rich with crab and fresh fish so visiting the wharf early in the morning is when you can catch the fishermen coming in with the fresh catch of the day, supplying all of the restaurants in town with amazing seafood.
* Ghirardelli Square - Amazing Chocolate plus shopping, waterfront dining, family events and walking tours
* Alcatraz - Take a boat and visit the famed prison. This is a walking tour but they do have access for handicap
* Take a Bay Cruise and see the city via the water
* Visit Union Square - Fabulous high end shopping district, this is a must see for shoppers
* Chinatown - Authentic shops and restaurants for a quick trip to China
* Japan Center - Beautiful area of the City that is rich with Japanese culture. Kabuki Theater, amazing restaurants, spas and more
* Cable Cars- catch a cable car and see the city sights
* Golden Gate Park and Golden Gate Bridge - a must see activity. The famed bridge is often in fog in the mornings, but it is a beauty
* San Francisco Zoo - If you love zoo's, this family friendly park is one to put on your list
This is only the beginning of wonderful things to do and see in San Francisco. You can easily spend a week and not see everything there is to see and do in and around the city. It is a wealth of culture and history and definitely one place to put on your must see travel destinations.